Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade
|Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade|
|Written by||Romeo Muller|
|Directed by||Fred Wolf
|Theme music composer||Mark Volman
Flo & Eddie
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||23 minutes|
Those Characters from Cleveland (uncredited)
|Distributor||Sunbow Productions (TV, 1987)|
|Original release||April 9, 1982|
|Preceded by||Strawberry Shortcake in Big Apple City (1981)|
|Followed by||Strawberry Shortcake: Housewarming Surprise (1983)|
Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade is an animated television special from 1982, made by Romeo Muller, Robert L. Rosen, and Fred Wolf. This is the third to feature the Iconix Brand Group character, Strawberry Shortcake.
Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade chronicles Strawberryland's "Second Annual Grand Old Petable Pet Show and Pet Parade." Strawberry Shortcake and her cat, Custard, are the judges of the pet show, but the Purple Pieman and Sour Grapes plan to enter their own pets into the show and frame Strawberry for cheating.
|Russi Taylor||Strawberry Shortcake|||
|Robert Ridgely||Peculiar Purple Pieman|
|Joan Gerber[nb 1]||Soufflé the Skunk|
|Julie McWhirter||Angel Cake / Custard|
|Romeo Muller||Mr. Sun / Narrator|
This was the last Strawberry Shortcake special produced by Muller/Rosen.
- Credited as Joanie Gerber.
- Wolf, Fred (director); Muller, Romeo (writer) (April 9, 1982). "Strawberry Shortcake in Big Apple City". Syndication. Missing or empty
- Woolery, George W. (1989). "Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade". Animated TV Specials: The Complete Directory to the First Twenty-Five Years, 1962–1987. Scarecrow Press. pp. 402–403. ISBN 0-8108-2198-2.
- O'Connor, John J. (April 9, 1982). "TV Weekend; Shortcake, Survivalists, City Opera and Comedy". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- Thompson, Ruth (April 1, 1982). "Star Scene". J-W Plus (Lawrence Journal-World). p. 3. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- Martin, Mick; Porter, Marsha (1995). "Strawberry Shortcake: Pets on Parade". Video Movie Guide 1996. Ballantine Books. p. 215. ISBN 0-345-39783-5. Retrieved October 11, 2010.