The Stress Factory
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Stress Factory is a comedy club located in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It has hosted numerous comedians including Andrew Dice Clay, Dave Attell, Richard Lewis, Chris Rock, Chris Rush, Denis Leary, Gilbert Gottfried, Louie Anderson, Artie Lange, Jim Breuer, Jim Norton, Brian Regan, Bill Burr, Greg Giraldo, Jeff Ross, Norm Macdonald, Christopher Titus, David Allen Grier, Drew Carey, Rich Vos and Jake Link
Greg Giraldo's final performance
On September 24, 2010, Greg Giraldo performed his last comedy stand-up routine at the Stress Factory, and was scheduled to perform the following Saturday and Sunday as well. However, the next day, Giraldo overdosed on prescription pills in his New Jersey hotel room, and then, all the other shows were cancelled. Although there are over 700 videos of recorded past events and shows from the Stress Factory on YouTube, the Stress Factory has removed any footage of Greg Giraldo's previous shows that happened before the incident. On October 3, 2010, TMZ.com posted a video on their web site of his final performance at the Stress Factory.
- Amanda Bolden-Weaver (September 28, 2010). "Comedian Greg Giraldo Stabilized after Drug Overdose". TheCelebrityCafe.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Comedian Greg Giraldo critical after drug overdose". Allvoices.com. September 28, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Kaplan, Don (September 26, 2010). ""Last Comic Standing" funnyman Greg Giraldo accidentally overdoses, in critical condition". New York Post. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "stress factory". YouTube. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "The Stress Factory Removed The Greg Giraldo Videos!". YouTube. September 27, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Greg Giraldo – The Final Performance". TMZ.com. October 3, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2011.