Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey
|Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey|
A poster or logo for Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey.
|Date||March 3, 2012|
|City||Columbus, Ohio, United States|
The event was expected to host the finals of Strikeforce's Heavyweight Grand Prix with Josh Barnett taking on Daniel Cormier, but the bout did not materialize due to Cormier's lingering hand injury. The finals were instead held at Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier that May, where Cormier won the tournament via unanimous decision.
Gegard Mousasi was expected to face Mike Kyle at this event, but Kyle withdrew due to injury. The bout was rescheduled for Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine the following January, where Mousasi submitted Kyle in the first round.
Derek Brunson was scheduled to face Ronaldo Souza on this card. However, the Ohio State Athletic Commission denied Brunson's fight license based on an eye exam he had submitted. Bristol Marunde signed as his replacement. The Souza/Brunson bout was rescheduled for Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman that August, where Souza won via first-round knockout.
|Women's Bantamweight||Ronda Rousey||def.||Miesha Tate (c)||Submission (armbar)||1||4:27||[a]|
|Lightweight||Josh Thomson||def.||K.J. Noons||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Kazuo Misaki||def.||Paul Daley||Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Ronaldo Souza||def.||Bristol Marunde||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||3||2:43|
|Preliminary card (Showtime Extreme)|
|Middleweight||Lumumba Sayers||def.||Scott Smith||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:34|
|Women's Bantamweight||Sarah Kaufman||def.||Alexis Davis||Decision (majority) (29–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Pat Healy||def.||Caros Fodor||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||3||3:35|
|Welterweight||Roger Bowling||def.||Brandon Saling||TKO (punches)||2||1:15|
|Lightweight||Ryan Couture||def.||Conor Heun||TKO (punches)||3||2:52|
- For the Women's Bantamweight Championship.
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Ohio Athletic Commission.
- Ronda Rousey: $32,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) def. Miesha Tate: $19,000
- Josh Thomson: $80,000 (no win bonus) def. K.J. Noons: $38,000
- Kazuo Misaki: $50,000 (no win bonus) def. Paul Daley: $45,000
- Lumumba Sayers: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Scott Smith: $15,000
- Ronaldo Souza: $92,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Bristol Marunde: $10,000
- Sarah Kaufman: $25,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Alexis Davis: $4,000
- Roger Bowling: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Brandon Saling: $5,000
- Pat Healy: $22,500 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Carlos Fodor: $12,000
- Ryan Couture: $10,000 (no win bonus) def. Conor Heun: $8,000
- "Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey". strikeforce.com. 2012-01-17.
- "Strikeforce's Barnett vs. Cormier tourney finale likely for Columbus on March 3". mmajunkie.com. 2011-12-16.
- "Strikeforce's Daniel Cormier still unsure of timetable for return". mmajunkie.com. 2012-01-18.
- "Injured Mike Kyle scratches from 'Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey' co-headliner". mmajunkie.com. 2012-02-13.
- "Following license denial, Strikeforce's Derek Brunson plans Lasik surgery". mmajunkie.com. 2012-02-21.
- "Bristol Marunde vs Jacare Souza booked for 'Tate vs Rousey' on March 3". Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Sherdog Results for Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey". Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "'Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey' salaries: Souza, Thomson lead $543K payroll". mmajunkie.com. March 5, 2012. Retrieved March 5, 2012.