Bickel while playing for the Connecticut Whale
October 2, 1986 |
Chanhassen, MN, USA
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
|San Diego Gulls
New York Rangers
On July 2, 2008, the Anaheim Ducks signed Bickel, an undrafted free agent, to a three-year contract. In the 2010–11 season, on November 23, 2010, Bickel was traded by the Ducks to the New York Rangers in exchange for fellow defenseman, Nigel Williams. After starting the 2011-12 season with the AHL Connecticut Whale, Bickel was called up to the Rangers on December 18, 2011. He made his NHL debut on December 20, 2011, in a game against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center, recording an assist in the game for his first NHL point.
The Rangers re-signed Bickel to a two-year contract on July 1, 2012. He started the delayed 2012–13 season with the Rangers after the NHL lockout, however after only 16 games he was placed on waivers and assigned to AHL affiliate, the Whale and Wolf Pack for the remainder of his two-year contract.
On July 1, 2014, Bickel signed a one-year two way contract with the Minnesota Wild. Bickel was assigned initially to AHL affiliate, the Iowa Wild to begin the 2014–15 season, however he made his return to the NHL for the first time since 2012, appearing in 9 games with Minnesota with 1 assist.
As an unsigned free agent over the off-season, Bickel accepted an invitation to the St. Louis Blues training camp on a professional try-out. After he was unable to earn a contract with the Blues, and their AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, Bickel signed a professional try-out with the San Diego Gulls on October 9, 2015.
|2004–05||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||13||0||0||0||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||14||0||0||0||25||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Southern Minnesota Express||NAHL||38||8||12||20||115||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||57||2||11||13||215||8||0||3||3||29|
|2007–08||University of Minnesota||WCHA||45||1||6||7||92||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||36||2||2||4||38||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale||AHL||54||2||7||9||135||6||0||1||1||6|
|2011–12||New York Rangers||NHL||51||0||9||9||108||18||0||0||0||16|
|2012–13||New York Rangers||NHL||16||0||0||0||49||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||24||1||7||8||85||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||San Diego Gulls||AHL||59||1||6||7||210||6||0||0||0||6|
|2016–17||San Diego Gulls||AHL||26||2||4||6||148||3||0||1||1||2|
- "Anaheim Ducks ink Gopher defenseman Stu Bickel". bleacherreport.com. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- "Ducks, Rangers make swap minor league defensemen". LA Times. 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Rangers call up defenseman Bickel". New York Rangers. December 18, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- "Bickel Becomes 478th ECHL Player to Reach NHL". ECHL. December 21, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- "Rangers Re-Sign Defenseman Bickel For 2 Years". CBS New York. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Wild inks three more on FA opening day". Minnesota Wild. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- Stu Bickel player profile at NHL.com
- Stu Bickel career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Stu Bickel career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey defenseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|