Subhash Suri (born July 7, 1960) is an Indian-American computer scientist, a professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is known for his research in computational geometry, computer networks, and algorithmic game theory.
Suri did his undergraduate studies at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, graduating in 1981. He then worked as a programmer in India before beginning his graduate studies in 1984 at Johns Hopkins University, where he earned a Ph.D. in computer science in 1987 under the supervision of Joseph O'Rourke. He was a member of the technical staff at Bellcore until 1994, when he returned to academia as an associate professor at Washington University in St. Louis. He moved to a full professorship at UCSB in 2000.
He was program committee chair for the 7th Annual International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation in 1996, and program committee co-chair for the 18th ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry in 2002.
- Srinivasan, V.; Suri, S.; Varghese, G. (1999), "Packet classification using tuple space search", Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM '99 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communication, pp. 135–146, doi:10.1145/316188.316216
- Hershberger, John; Suri, Subhash (1999), "An optimal algorithm for Euclidean shortest paths in the plane", SIAM Journal on Computing, 28 (6): 2215–2256, doi:10.1137/S0097539795289604, MR 1698954.
- Buragohain, Chiranjeeb; Agrawal, Divyakant; Suri, Subhash (2003), "A game theoretic framework for incentives in P2P systems", Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P 2003), pp. 48–56, doi:10.1109/PTP.2003.1231503.
- Jardosh, Amit; Belding-Royer, Elizabeth M.; Almeroth, Kevin C.; Suri, Subhash (2003), "Towards realistic mobility models for mobile ad hoc networks", Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 217–229, doi:10.1145/938985.939008.
- Shrivastava, Nisheeth; Buragohain, Chiranjeeb; Agrawal, Divyakant; Suri, Subhash (2004), "Medians and beyond: new aggregation techniques for sensor networks", Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 239–249, doi:10.1145/1031495.1031524.
Awards and honors
- Curriculum vitae, retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Program Committees from the Symposium on Computational Geometry, Joseph S. B. Mitchell, retrieved 2012-03-12.
- IEEE Fellow: Subhash Suri, UCSB CS Department, retrieved 2012-03-12.
- ACM Fellow award citation, retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Eight Distinguished UCSB Faculty Members Named AAAS Fellows, UCSB, retrieved 2012-03-12.