Sun Yeneng is Goh Keng Swee Professor of Economics and Professor of Mathematics at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Sun received his B.S. from University of Science and Technology of China in 1983 and his M.S. and Ph.D from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign respectively in 1985 and 1989. He joined NUS as a lecturer at the Department of Mathematics in 1989 and was promoted to professor in 2002. He was Raffles Professor of Social Sciences at the Department of Economics in NUS from 2009 to 2015.
Sun was formerly appointed as acting head and head in the Department of Economics in 2008 to 2012. He has been Dean of Faculty of Science from 1 July 2020.
- Y.-C. Chen, W. He, J. Li, Y. Sun, "Equivalence of stochastic and deterministic mechanisms", Econometrica 87, no. 4, 1367–1390, 2019.
- HJ Keisler, Y. Sun "Why saturated probability spaces are necessary", Advances in Mathematics 221 (5), 1584-1607, 2009.
- D. Duffie, Y. Sun "Existence of independent random matching", The Annals of Applied Probability, 386-419, 2007.
- Y. Sun, "The exact law of large numbers via Fubini extension and characterization of insurable risks", Journal of Economic Theory 126 (1), 31-69, 2006.
- MA Khan, Y. Sun "Non-cooperative games with many players", Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications 3, 1761-1808, 2002.
- Y. Sun "The almost equivalence of pairwise and mutual independence and the duality with exchangeability", Probability Theory and Related Fields 112 (3), 425-456, 1998.
Awards and honors
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2011-03-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Economic Theory Fellows". Archived from the original on 2019-09-04. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "Nine distinguished professors conferred national science academy fellowships". Archived from the original on 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-01-05.