|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Single by White Zombie|
|from the album Astro-Creep: 2000|
|B-side||"Where The Side Walk Ends, the Bug Parade Begins"|
|Recorded||1995 at NRG Studios, Los Angeles|
|White Zombie singles chronology|
"Super-Charger Heaven" (sometimes referred to as "Devil Man" due to its chorus) is the third and final single off White Zombie's 1995 studio album, Astro-Creep: 2000. The song can also be found on Rob Zombie's Past, Present & Future, the greatest hits album The Best of Rob Zombie, and a remix can be found on Supersexy Swingin' Sounds. The artwork for the single contains the Japanese superhero Devilman, which is also referenced in the chorus of the song.
Music and lyrics
Like many White Zombie songs, the song contains clips from old horror films. The song opens with spoken words: "Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen", a sample from the 1963 film The Haunting.
The song contains a section of spoken Latin, from the 1976 Hammer film To the Devil a Daughter. The Latin states: Insipientia corde suo, non es deus. Non est vita qui adorem, non es usque ad unum. Es excommunicatus, ex unione fidelium. ("Foolish of heart, thou art not a god. There is no life for those who do not adore, and to a man thou hast not. Thou art excommunicated from the union of the faithful.")
Another line from the same film, "It is not heresy, and I will not recant!", is also spoken by actor Christopher Lee and sampled in "Super-Charger Heaven".
The lyrics contain the line "Bury me an angel,/God, I need some inspiration", a reference to the 1971 film Bury Me an Angel. The song also includes the line "ring-a-ding rhythm", which was a film about jazz by Amicus Films.
The music video, the third music video made for a song off the album, features the band playing live on stage at California, Las Vegas, and Detroit. Alice Cooper joins the band on stage for a few brief seconds during the video.
- It is featured in the 1995 action movie Judge Dredd, starring Sylvester Stallone.
- It is featured in the 1996 Nicolas Winding Refn's neo-noir crime drama Pusher.
- It is featured in the freestyle motocross movie 'Crusty Demons of Dirt'.
- It is used in the Daria episode "Ill".
- It is used in numerous promos for the Ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z for Cartoon Network in the mid-1990s.
First single track listing
- "Super-Charger Heaven (LP version)" - 3:37
- "Where The Side Walk Ends, the Bug Parade Begins" - 2:41
Second single track listing
- "Super-Charger Heaven (LP Version)" - 3:37
- "El Phantasmo and the Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama (LP version)" - 4:13
- "More Human than Human (Princess of Helium Ultra Mix)" - 4:17
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||39 |