This article needs to be updated.May 2012)(
|Parent company||InsideOut Music|
|Genre||Alternative rock, progressive rock|
|Country of origin||Germany|
The label’s focus will be on keen, young rock acts with a stylistic range that is centred on independent and alternative music, as well as acts that transcend genres and include a variety of contemporary directions. Superball Music aims to provide a platform and a "home" for these artists by specifically focusing on innovative music with commercial ambitions.
According to social music site Last.fm, although it is a new label, as yet with only a few signed bands, "Superball Music has deliberately joined forces with a globally operating distribution system to ensure that the label’s future signings will benefit from strong representation on an international level."
Superball have attracted significant attention for bringing out Oceansize's third album Frames, which was a commercial success, and for signing cult indie/alternative Texan band ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, in advance of their upcoming album due in February 2009. The only other bands to have signed to Superball Music so far are German progressive bands The Amber Light, Caesars Rome, upcoming British act that penned the deal with Superball in October 2008, and released their début album The Company We Keep in 2012. Long Distance Calling, the Australian heavy-rock group Cog and British New Prog band Pure Reason Revolution, whose second album Amor Vincit Omnia was released as a two disk digipack by Superball on 9 March 2009.
Superball Music is a sister label to the German InsideOut Music and have the same Managing Director, Thomas Waber. In 2009 Superball and Inside Out became partners of Century Media Records, which secured a worldwide distribution contract with EMI. In September 2012, Bright Black Heaven was released on Superball Music. Oceanography released on Superball Music on March 2018.
- ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
- Blaqk Audio
- Charlie Barnes
- Flood Of Red
- Long Distance Calling
- Matt Skiba And The Sekrets
- Pure Reason Revolution
- Three Trapped Tigers
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- MySpace.com - SUPERBALL MUSIC - Kleve, DE - Rock / Alternative / Expérimentale - www.myspace.com/superballmusiclabel
- Label Wiki: Superball Music – Last.fm
- Long, Chris (7 January 2007). "Oceansize - Frames (Superball Music)". BBC. Manchester: BBC. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Superball Music
- MySpace.com - The Amber Light - Virgin Islands (British)/Wiesbaden - Alternative / Rock / Expérimentale - www.myspace.com/theamberlights
- "CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS Announces Cooperation With INSIDEOUT MUSIC And SUPERBALL MUSIC". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 16 September 2009. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- Music Video - Blaqk Audio - Anointed, retrieved 2018-07-26
- "Bastille touring member Charlie Barnes sings to various Eastbourne walls in his new 'All I Have' video". Dork. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- Blaqk Audio sign with Superball Music; release free download of new song. Alternative Press. June 12, 2012