Suranaree University of Technology
||This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Upright, Civilized, Clean and Economical|
|Type||Public (national) research university|
|Established||July 27, 1990|
|Location||Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
|Tree||Radermachera ignea (Kurz) Steenis (Peep Thong)|
|Colours||Orange and gold|
|Affiliations||Civil Aviation Training Center|
The Suranaree University of Technology (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยเทคโนโลยีสุรนารี, SUT (Royal Thai General System: Suranaree University of Technology) is in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. The university was established on July 27, 1990, becoming fully operational in 1993.
The university has a trimester system, consisting of 13 weeks for each trimester.
The university houses the Synchrotron Light Research Institute, SLRI (previously the National Synchrotron Research Center, NSRC) that enables advanced research on physics, materials science and related areas.
During the period of the Fifth National Economic and Social Development Plan, the Royal Thai Government wished that more opportunities in higher education be available in the regional and rural areas. Thus, in 1984, the Ministry of University Affairs (now the Office of the Higher Education Commission, a part of the Ministry of Education) proposed the establishment of five new regional universities: one in each of the North, South, and East; and two in the Northeast. In particular, the Ministry proposed colleges affiliated with Khon Kaen University at Ubon Ratchathani and Nakhon Ratchasima Provinces in the Northeast.
The college at Nakhon Ratchasima would be called Suranaree College, and built on 1,120 hectares of degraded forest area in the Huay Ban Yang Reservoir, Muang Nakhon Ratchasima District, Nakhon Ratchasima Province. On 27 July 1990, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej signed the Suranaree University of Technology Founding Bill into effect. Suranaree University of Technology thus recognizes 27 July 1990 as its Founding Day, the day that HM the King signed the Bill into effect. As announced in the Royal Gazette, the law became effective on July 30, 1990.
Innovation and success
|Webometrics||10 (2012)||6 (2016)|
|Nature Publishing Index||2 (2015)|
|Nature Index||3 (2015)|
|Webometrics||845 (2012)||822 (2016) |
(World University Ranking)
|Top Universities||251-300 (2016)|
BRICS & Emerging Economics
- "The top quality public university" — from the second round of the external quality assessment, higher education level, by the Office for National Education Standards and Quality Assessment (ONESQA), 2008.
- "An outstanding research university" — Thai University Ranking by the Office Higher Education Commission (OHEC), 2006.
- "Graduates with the highest employment rate" — Office of Higher Education Commission (OHEC), 2010.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "Suranaree University of Technology Annual Report 2013". Suranaree University of Technology. 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- "Student planning" (pdf). Suranaree University of Technology. 2015. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- Webometrics: Thailand, Retrieved 12 April 2012
- "University | Ranking Web of Universities". www.webometrics.info. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- World University Rankings 2015-16, Retrieved 18 October 2015
- Nature Publishing Index Thailand, Retrieved 18 October 2015
- Nature Index Thailand, Retrieved 18 October 2015
- email@example.com, All: URAP Lab. [www.urapcenter.org]; e-mail:. "URAP - University Ranking by Academic Performance". www.urapcenter.org. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Suranaree University of Technology". Times Higher Education (THE). Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Suranaree University of Technology". Top Universities. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Suranaree University of Technology". Times Higher Education (THE). 2015-09-08. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "UI Greenmetric Overall Ranking 2015". Retrieved 2016-06-14.