||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (April 2015)|
Suresh Vaswani at the India Economic Summit 2009 speaking on Trade and Climate Change
|Born||2 January 1960|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
|Known for||Chairman – Dell India ;Ex Jt. CEO – IT Business & Member of the Board Wipro Ltd.|
Suresh C. Vaswani (born 2 January 1960) is President of Dell Services. Previously, Vaswani led the global Applications & BPO services business for Dell Services. He also served as chairman for Dell India. Vaswani is the former Joint Chief Officer of Wipro's IT Business and a Member of the Board of Wipro Limited. Vaswani worked for Wipro for 25 years across various leadership roles and has been responsible for Wipro's leadership position in differentiated global practices and emerging markets.
Vaswani serves as president of Services, the global IT services and business solutions unit of Dell. In his role as President of Dell Services, he has direct responsibility for two lines of business: Infrastructure & Cloud Computing, and Applications & Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). His previous responsibilities – Global Support and Deployment and Security Services, have moved to Jeff Clarke and Mike Cote respectively, into the End User Computing business, and as a standalone unit. In this role, he is responsible for developing and delivering end-to-end IT services and business solutions for various customer segments including global corporations, state and local governments and the midmarket. He is also responsible for the internal infrastructure, application and service delivery supporting information systems for Dell worldwide.
Previously, Vaswani led the global Applications & BPO services business for Dell Services. He also served as chairman for Dell India. In this role, Vaswani was instrumental in driving the growth and transformation of this business. He was responsible for building solutions for the future, based on next-generation technologies including mobility, social media, cloud, and application modernisation, delivered through next-generation service models.
As chairman of Dell India, Vaswani provided strategic leadership to not only grow and expand Dell’s presence and position in the market, but also to enhance Dell’s competence in India across IT services, delivery, manufacturing, and operations to support Dell’s global business.
Vaswani has more than 25 years of leadership experience in the global IT services industry. Prior to joining Dell, Vaswani was joint-CEO of Wipro’s IT business and a member of the Board of Wipro Limited.
In his past role as Joint CEO of Wipro's IT Business, Vaswani was directly responsible for business units addressing customers across Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer Products, Government & Transportation, Healthcare and energy and utilities sectors. He was also responsible for BPO, Technology Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications and testing service lines. Wipro Infotech, the India and Middle East business of Wipro and Infocrossing, the US-based data center business unit also come under his direct responsibility. From a functional perspective, he took care of Global Sales, Strategic Marketing and Quality.
Before becoming the Joint CEO, Vaswani was President of Global IT Services for Wipro Technologies in addition to being President of Wipro Infotech. Vaswani worked for over 25 years for Wipro in various leadership positions across IT services and has provided a strong platform for growth and leadership in emerging markets for Wipro.
He was involved with the work around the themes of 'Green' and 'Diversity' and was the executive sponsor for the gender diversity council at Wipro.
Vaswani represented Wipro at multiple Global CEO round tables and forums.
Some key events include –
- India Economic Summit, New Delhi, Nov 2010 (Speaker)
- Fortune 500 Forum 2010, Cape Town, Jun 2010 (Speaker)
- Microsoft CEO Summit 2010, Seattle
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2010, Davos, Jan 2010
- India Economic Summit, New Delhi, Nov 2009 (Speaker)
- Indo – EU Business Summit, New Delhi, Nov 2009
- CISCO CEO CIO Leadership Council, South Carolina, Mar 2009
- NASSCOM India Leadership Forum, Mumbai, Feb 2009 (Speaker)
- Fortune 500 Forum, New York, Dec 2008 (Speaker)
- London International Business Advisory Council, London, Oct 2008
Vaswani is married to Sonia and they have two sons, Mesheer and Niven.
- "Suresh Vaswani joins Dell as president". NDTV. Press Trust of India (PTI). 6 December 2012.
- "Wipro's Plan For Tommorow: Suresh Vaswani". CIO.in. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Suresh Vaswani speaking at the Female Leadership Factor session". World Economic Forum. 15 November 2010.
- "Fortune Global Forum". Fortune. 26 June 2010. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012.
- "Davos Movers and Shakers 2010". BusinessWeek. 1 February 2010.
- "Trade and Climate Change: Economic Imperative or Green Imperialism?". World Economic Forum. 10 November 2009.
- "Mayor and world business leaders discuss how to make London a more liveable and successful city". Greater London Authority. 5 September 2009.