Susan M. Gordon
Susan M. Gordon
|United States Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence|
|Assumed office |
September 5, 2017
|Preceded by||Stephanie O'Sullivan|
|Deputy Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency|
January 1, 2015 – August 9, 2017
|Preceded by||Michael Rodrigue|
|Succeeded by||Justin Poole|
Susan M. Gordon is an American government official who currently serves as Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence. Prior to assuming her current role, she was the Deputy Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), having assumed the position on January 1, 2015. Before joining the NGA, she served as director of the CIA's Information Operations Center and senior cyber adviser to the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Gordon worked for the Central Intelligence Agency for over 25 years.
Early life and education
Gordon joined the Central Intelligence Agency in 1980, where she worked as an analyst in the Office of Scientific and Weapons Research, Directorate of Intelligence. She later moved to the Agency's Directorate of Science & Technology, as well as the first director of the Office of Advanced Analytic Tools (AAT), serving in that capacity from July 1996 to October 2000. Gordon was later Deputy Director for Support at the CIA. Prior to assuming Deputy Directorship of the NGA, Gordon served concurrently as Director of the CIA's Information Operations Center and as the CIA Director's senior advisor on cyber issues.
- "PN728 — Susan M. Gordon — Office of the Director of National Intelligence". U.S. Congress. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "Sue Gordon, Deputy Director". National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017.
- Hoffman, Mary-Louise (June 30, 2017). "NGA Deputy Director Susan Gordon Nominated to Fill ODNI No. 2 Post". ExecutiveGov. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Chappellet-Lanier, Tajha (June 29, 2017). "Sue Gordon nominated to be principal deputy director of national intelligence". FedScoop. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Duke University (October 31, 2014). "Duke University Alumni: Sue Gordon '80". YouTube. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
Sue Gordon '80, director of the CIA's Senior Advisor for Cyber and director of Information Operations, says that majoring in zoology at Duke University was the perfect choice for preparing for a career at the CIA. Interview by Christina Holder. Video by Christina Holder and Morgan Capps.
- Windrem, Robert (November 14, 2014). "Sisterhood of Spies: Women crack the code at the CIA". NBC News. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017.
- Richelson, Jeffrey T. (2008). The Wizards Of Langley: Inside The CIA's Directorate Of Science And Technology. Basic Books. ISBN 9780786742660.
Director, Office of Advanced Analytical Tools (AAT): Susan Gordon: July 18, 1996 - October 2000
- Finegan, Jay (1998). "License to Know". CIO. pp. 48–49.
Media related to Susan M. Gordon at Wikimedia Commons