The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Suzanne Klotz (born 1944 Shawano, Wisconsin) is a painter and sculptor active in Arizona. She has established numerous multi-cultural art programs, workshops, and exhibitions in several countries including Australia, Africa, Mexico, Taiwan, Israel, Palestine, and the United States.
Klotz attended Washington University in St. Louis for two years of undergraduate education. She holds a BFA Degree from the Kansas City Art Institute, MFA Degree from Texas Tech University, and Secondary Teaching Certification from the University of Missouri Kansas City.
In 1990, Klotz was an artist-in-residence and arts consultant at the Jerry Mason Memorial Aborigine Centre in Berri, South Australia. Between 1990 and 1996 she arranged exhibitions and art collaborations between Israeli and Palestinian artists during guest artist residencies at Mishkenot Sha'ananim, a non-governmental, non-political, International Cultural Centre in Jerusalem.
Klotz received the 2013-14 Bi-National Fulbright Scholar Award (Aman, Jordan). Other grants and awards include the Pollock-Krasner Foundation, the Puffin Foundation, Change Inc, the New York Artists' Fellowship, Capelli d'Angeli Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts, Arizona Artists' 3-D Fellowship, an Arizona Governor's Award for Women Who Create and Educate, a City Improvement Award for a commissioned public park sculpture, and Texas Tech University's Most Distinguished 2-D Graduate Alumni Award. In addition, the Palestine Children's Welfare Fund established a Palestinian Educators Scholarship Endowed Fund dedicated to Suzanne Klotz.
Klotz's academic appointments include universities and colleges in Arizona, California, Texas and Utah. Her art has been exhibited in over 300 exhibitions internationally since 1972 and is in numerous private and public collections including the Smithsonian Museum of American Art, Phoenix Art Museum and El Paso Museum of Art.
- Spencer Museum of Art | Collection - Klotz, Suzanne Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Desmond, Kathleen K. (2011-05-17). Ideas About Art. John Wiley and Sons. pp. 106–. ISBN 978-1-4051-7883-9. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Suzanne Klotz". Smithsonian Museum of American Art. Smithsonian Museum of American Art. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- Klotz, Suzanne. "About//The Artist". Suzanne Klotz. Retrieved March 28, 2015.
- Klotz, Suzanne. "CV". Suzanne Klotz. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 28, 2015.
- Klotz, Suzanne. "Fulbright Scholar". Fulbright Scholar Program. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Klotz, Suzanne. "CV". Seven Women's House Keys. Word Press. Retrieved 18 March 2016.