|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati (called Pujya Swamiji or Pujya Muniji by disciples), is the president and spiritual head of the Parmarth Niketan Ashram, a spiritual institution based in Rishikesh, India. He is also the founder and spiritual head of the Hindu Jain Temple in Pittsburgh.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)|
He is born in 1952.
His biography is called By God's Grace: The Life and Teachings of Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati and was published by Mandala Publishing in 2012.
Humanitarian and environmental work
Chidanand Saraswati is the founder or co-founder of several humanitarian and environmental organizations which serve a number of causes, including: Ganga Action Parivar, to preserve and protect the Ganga river and its tributaries; India Heritage Research Foundation (IHRF), which provides education, health care, youth welfare, and vocational training; Divine Shakti Foundation, which provides education and assistance to widowed and impoverished women and children, as well as the protection of street animals in India such as cows and dogs; the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) to provide access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene; and Project Hope, an umbrella organization that brings together various humanitarian and environmental organizations in times of disaster to provide both emergency relief and long-term rehabilitation. He is also interested in interfaith dialogue and currently sits on the Board of World Religious Leaders for the Elijah Interfaith Institute.
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Archived 15 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Life Positive
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Omega Institute
- History of the Project, Encyclopedia of Hinduism Mandala Publishing
- Ganga Action Parivar
- Rishikesh-based Ganga Action Parivar offers help to Narendra Modi for clean Ganga DNA India, 25 May 2014
- India Heritage Research Foundation
- About India Heritage Research Foundation[permanent dead link] Satya Foundation
- Swami Chidananda Saraswati Leads Pilgrimage to Mansarovar Times of Hindu, 4 July 2003
- Divine Shakti Foundation
- "Seers' call to save girl child" Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Hindustan Times, Lucknow, 25 January 2013
- Global Interfaith WASH Alliance
- Faith-based organizations form alliance for children's right to safe water and sanitation UNICEF
- <Global Interfaith WASH Alliance Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Temple of Understanding
- Project Hope
- Healing Touch in Uttarakhand Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Speaking Tree, 12 July 2013
- Relief Material sent for Uttarakhand flood victims by Parmarth Niketan Archived 10 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Top Story, 2 July 2013
- Project Hope and India Heritage Research Foundation Open Orphanage for Tsunami Orphans Hinduism Today, 19 May 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parmarth Niketan.|