Sweet Sour (song)
|Single by Band of Skulls|
|from the album Sweet Sour|
|Genre||Garage rock, blues rock, hard rock, alternative rock|
|Label||Electric Blues Recordings, Vagrant Records|
|Songwriter(s)||Band of Skulls|
"Sweet Sour" is a song by English rock band Band of Skulls, from their 2012 album of the same name. Written by the band and released as a single just prior to the album's release, it reached #29 on the US Alternative Songs chart and #86 on the UK Singles chart.
In a favorable review of the album, Paste Magazine's Ryan Reed described the song "head-crushing" with a "sludgey, Sabbath-esque hammer-on riff." 
Chris Schulz of the New Zealand Herald said that the song was passionate and energetic, playing to the band's strengths, and called it "slow-burning but blistering."
A music video for "Sweet Sour" was released in early 2012. Entirely in black and white, it features a boy, who kicks a boombox at the beginning of the video and is later shown dancing, lifting weights, and boxing in a blighted urban environment.
- Hewitt, Ben (8 February 2012). "Review of Band of Skulls – Sweet Sour". BBC Music. BBC. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Hong, Nianyi (14 February 2012). "Band of Skulls: Sweet Sour". Popmatters. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Donnelly, Alessandra (21 May 2012). "Band Of Skulls: Sweet Sour". The Aquarian Weekly. Arts Weekly, Inc. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Band of Skulls". Billboard Magazine. 2012-03-17. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Ree, Ryan (2012-02-14). "Band of Skulls: Sweet Sour". Paste Magazine. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Chris, Schulz (2012-02-23). "Album Review: Band of Skulls, Sweet Sour". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "VAGRANT: Band of Skulls". Vagrant Records. 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "12th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners Announced!" Independent Music Awards, 11 June 2013. Retrieved on 4 Sept. 2013.