For his undergraduate work, Dr. Spiesel attended Shimer College, then located in Mount Carroll, Illinois. He enrolled through the school's early entrance program, which since 1950 has allowed students to matriculate who have not received a high school diploma. He graduated from Shimer in 1961. In 2012, Dr. Spiesel was named one of the first three Shimer alumni to receive the school's Alumni Service Award.
- Mary Jane Minkin. "1975 - 30th reunion".
- Dr. Sydney Spiesel, MD, Woodbridge, CT. DrFaces.com. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- Trillin, Calvin (July 17, 2000), "Lice Styles Of The Rich And Famous", TIME Magazine, time.com
- "Who we are". Slate.com. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Sydney Spiesel on NPR
- Mary Jane Minkin. "Class of 1975: 35th reunion".
- Kelliher, Jeff, "You Light Up My Lice", HealthNews, headlice.org.
- Riordan, Teresa (April 24, 2000), "Patents; Inventors work on laser hair removal, hair cleaning, hair mascara and hair drying", New York Times Business, nytimes.com.
- Yale School of Medicine. "Sydney Spiesel". Yale.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- Shimer College. "Early Entrant Program". Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Shimer College. "The Inaugural Alumni Service Award Winners". Alumni.shimer.edu. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|