Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up symbology in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Symbology concerns the study of symbols.
Symbology may also refer to:
- Semiotics, study of signs and symbols
- Iconography, branch of art history which studies images
- Symbolic system, used in the field of anthropology, sociology, and psychology to refer to a system of interconnected symbolic meanings
- Symbolic anthropology, diverse set of approaches within cultural anthropology that view culture as a symbolic system that arises primarily from human interpretations of the world
- Symbolism (disambiguation), use of symbols to represent ideas and emotions
- Symbology, a players special ability in the Star Ocean: Till the End of Time video game
- Symbology, a fictional academic discipline of which Angels and Demons character Robert Langdon is a professor
- A word a detective uses in the film The Boondock Saints in place of symbolism; he is berated by Willem Dafoe's character for use of this word
- Symbol (programming)
- Cartography and GIS, the set of conventions, rules, or encoding systems that define how geographic features are represented with symbols on a map.
- Military symbology, APP-6A, Military Symbols for Land Based Systems, NATO standardization agreement
- Engineering, Use of symbols to denote equipment, services, pipelines, boundaries and features.
- Barcode, optical machine-readable representation of data
- Symbology (avionics), visual cues displayed to a pilot regarding position, orientation, flight path, fuel state, other aircraft etc., and in military avionics additional friend/foe symbols, targeting system cues, weapon sights etc.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Symbology.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.