Syrian Civil Defence Forces
The Syrian Civil Defence Forces, also known as Self-Protection Squads, is a civil defence organisation that operates in Syria. It is also known as The People's Army. Directors-General of the organisation have included Brigadier General Abdel-Chani Jamal. The forces are divided into units or squads.
They are not connected to, and should not be confused with, the White Helmets / Syria Civil Defence (SCD).
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (1972). News Review on West Asia.
- First batch of self-protection squads in Damascus Countryside finishes training, SANA, 13 August 2013
- British Broadcasting Corporation. Monitoring Service (1981). Summary of World Broadcasts: Non-Arab Africa.
- Patrick Seale (January 1990). Asad of Syria: The Struggle for the Middle East. University of California Press. pp. 158–. ISBN 978-0-520-06976-3.
- ARR: Arab Report and Record. Economic Features, Limited. 1977.
- Andrew Beattie; Timothy Pepper (2001). The Rough Guide to Syria. Rough Guides. pp. 2–. ISBN 978-1-85828-718-8.
- ICDO website: http://www.icdo.org/en/