Maria Antonieta de Farias Portocarrero
August 23, 1922
|Died||March 3, 2018 (aged 95)|
Maria Antonieta Portocarrero Thedim (August 23, 1922 – March 3, 2018), known professionally as Tônia Carrero, was a Brazilian actress.
Carrero was born and in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
She made her theater debut at the Brazilian Theater of Comedy (TBC) in São Paulo, with the play Um Deus Dormiu Lá em Casa, opposite actor Paulo Autran. Later she formed with her husband Adolfo Celi, and Autran, the Tonia-Celi-Autran Company (CTCA), which in the 1950s and 1960s revolutionized the Brazilian theater scene by performing a wide repertoire from classical pieces by Shakespeare and Carlo Goldoni to avant-garde works such as Sartre.
- 1952 Tico-Tico no Fubá
- 1961 Alias Gardelito (aka Alias Big Shot) - as wife.
- 1970 A Próxima Atração
- 1971 O Cafona
- 1980 Água Viva (TV series) - as Stella Simpson.
- 1987 Sassaricando
- 1989 Kananga do Japão
- 1995 Sangue do Meu Sangue
- 2004 Um Só Coração
- 2004 Senhora do Destino
- "Atriz Tônia Carrero morre aos 95 anos". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). 4 March 2018. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Prestes a fazer 91 anos, Tônia Carrero está lúcida, mas quase não fala e vive reclusa ‹See Tfd›(in Portuguese)
- "Alias Big Shot (1961)". IMDb. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- "Aqua Viva". IMDb. Retrieved February 23, 2019.