|Headquarters||Palm Beach Gardens, Florida|
|Erik Olsen (President, CEO, & Chairman of the Board)|
|Parent||Sumitomo Corporation of America (50%)|
Carroll Tire Company
Big O Tires
NTB Tire and Service Centers
Merchant's Tire and Auto
SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service
|Website||TBC Corporation/ Official website|
TBC Corporation (TBC) is an American corporation, it is one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires through a multi-channel strategy. The current President and Chief Executive Officer is Erik Olsen. Olsen also serves as Chairman of the Board.
In 1956, a purchasing group of tire retailers formed Cordovan Associates. The Company changed its name to Tire & Battery Corporation in 1972. Only eleven years later, after much success, Tire & Battery Corporation went public (NASDAQ: TBCC). In 2005, the Company was purchased by Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA). SCOA is the largest subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation, one of Japan's major integrated trading and investment business enterprises. TBC Corporation functions as an independent company of SCOA.
TBC Corporation is one of the nation's largest vertically integrated marketers of tires for the automotive replacement market with more than 10,500 employees throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. The Company's retail operations include franchised and Company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands: Tire Kingdom Service Centers®, Merchant's Tire & Auto Centers®, NTB Tire and Service Centers®, Big O Tires®, Midas®, and SpeeDee Oil Change and Auto Service®.
TBC markets on a wholesale basis to regional tire chains and distributors serving independent tire dealers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Through its Carroll Tire wholesale distribution centers, the Company also markets directly to independent tire dealers across the United States. Carroll Tire Company sells a wide variety of proprietary and national brands from 50 distribution centers.
The TBC Brands division represents 15 proprietary brands of tires throughout North America, including Multi-Mile, Sigma, Cordovan, Vanderbilt, Jetzon, Telstar, Eldorado, Sumitomo, Power King, Harvest King, Sailun, Akuret, Sentinel, National and Delta and specializes in passenger, commercial, farm, and specialty tires. All are distributed to independent retailers and wholesalers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
The company also owns RO Writer, a fully customizable shop management software system used by independently owned automotive repair, oil change and tire shops to streamline operations. Brands controlled by the corporation include:
- TBC Brands which produces and distributes tires for sale in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Carroll Tire Company, a tire warehouse operation purchased in 1998.
- Midas, a franchised automotive service chain, is one of the world’s largest providers of automotive service at more than 2,000 shops in 13 countries, including nearly 1,200 in the United States and Canada. Midas was purchased by TBC Corporation in 2012.
- Big O Tires, North America’s largest franchise operation for automobile tires, with nearly 400 stores primarily located in the Western and Midwestern United States. Big O Tires was purchased by TBC Corporation in 1996.
- Tire Kingdom was purchased by TBC Corporation in 2000. It provides a broad range of automotive maintenance and tire services in more than 180 retail locations throughout Florida.
- Merchant's Tire and Auto was purchased by TBC Corporation in 2003. Merchant’s Tire and Auto Service Centers provides a broad range of automotive maintenance and tire services in more than 120 retail locations.
- National Tire and Battery, was acquired by TBC Corporation in 2003 from Sears, Roebuck & Company. NTB Tire and Service Centers provides a broad range of automotive maintenance and tire services in more than 400 retail locations.
- R.O. Writer, is a customizable shop management software system currently used by more than 5,000 independently owned automotive repair, oil change and tire shops.
- SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service is a franchise-based full-service automotive care company with more than 160 shops across the United States in the Gulf Coast, Texas, Mid-Atlantic, California, and New England regions.
- Discount Tire & America's Tire
- Driven Brands (Meineke Car Care Center & MAACO)
- AAMCO Transmissions
- Jiffy Lube International Inc
- Grease Monkey International, Inc
- Pep Boys
- Safelite Group, Inc
- TBC History
- TBC Corporation – Private Brands (Multi-Mile, Cordovan, Sigma, Vanderbilt)
- Carroll Tire
- TBC Corporation Has the “Midas Touch,” Finalizes Acquisition
- TBC to Buy Outstanding Shares of Big O Tires
- Tire Kingdom – Tires & Routine Auto Maintenance
- Merchant’ Tire and Auto Service Centers ®
- Sears Plans to Sell National Tire and Battery for $260 Million
- SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service