From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up TTY in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
TTY, in electronic or electromechanical communications, was used to refer to "teletype" or perhaps "teletypewriter", but it has come to refer to any type of text terminal. TTY may also refer to:
Electronic or electromechanical communications
- Teleprinter, also called a teletypewriter (TTY), an electromechanical typewriter paired with a communication channel
- Telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD), a teleprinter designed for persons with hearing or speech difficulties
- Text terminal, teleprinter replacement, a serial computer interface for text entry and display
- Terminal emulator, teleprinter replacement, a program that emulates a video terminal within some other display architecture
- getty (Unix); the so-called TTYs on Linux, allowing switching between X window system and command-line interface
- Torque-to-yield fastener, a type of fastener that is intentionally elongated during installation to prevent it from loosening over time
- Tampere University of Technology (Tampereen Teknillinen Yliopisto), the second largest engineering university in Finland, located in Tampere, center of Southern Finland
- Thick target yield
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title TTY.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.