Tachi Palace Fights 9
|TPF 9: The Contenders|
|Promotion||Tachi Palace Fights|
|Date||May 6, 2011|
|Venue||Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino|
Alexis Vila was due to take on John Dodson, but pulled out of the bout with an unknown injury. Dodson was to fight Shooto veteran Mamoru Yamaguchi. However, on April 18, Dodson pulled out of the bout due to undisclosed reasons and Yamaguchi instead fought John Dunsmoor.
Jamie Yager was set to fight Alan Jouban, but pulled out of the fight due to injury. Stepping in to fill the void was Chidi Njokuani.
On April 25 it was announced that Cole Escovedo was tapped by the UFC to fight against Renan Barão at UFC 130, leaving Tommy Vargas without an opponent. Farkhad Sharipov stepped in to fight Vargas.
Featherweight champion Isaac DeJesus failed to make weight for his title defense against Russ Miura and was stripped of his belt. Both fighters agreed to a catchweight bout.
- McCall defeated Ortiz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Originally, DeJesus defeated Miura via TKO (punches) at 2:52 of round 1; this bout was later ruled a no contest after DeJesus tested positive for marijuana.
- Camoes defeated Escudero via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Harris defeated Ruiz via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Flyweight bout: Kevin Dunsmoor vs. Mamoru Yamaguchi
- Yamaguchi defeated Dunsmoor via KO (punch) at 4:03 of round 2.
- Middleweight bout: Jorge Lopez vs. Waachiim Spiritwolf
- Lopez defeated Spiritwolf via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sharipov defeated Vargas via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Njokuani defeated Jouban via KO (body kick) at 1:27 of round 3.
- Arciniega defeated Herrick via submission (triangle choke) at 1:08 of round 1.
- Gibson defeated Watson via TKO (punches) at 4:09 of round 2.
- McDonald defeated Bowen via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ento defeated Chaney via TKO (cut) at 1:53 of round 2.
- Perez defeated Castro via TKO (punches) at 1:56 of round 1.
- "Tachi Palace 9 Fight Card". sherdog.com. March 23, 2011.
- "Vila Out, Yamaguchi In Against Dodson". mmajunkie.com. February 25, 2011.
- "Dodson Out, Dunsmoor In Against Mamoru". sherdog.com. April 18, 2011.
- "Collins Out, Lopez In Against Spiritwolf". mmajunkie.com. February 25, 2011.
- "Yager Out, Njokuani In Against Jouban". sherdog.com. April 15, 2011.
- "Escovedo Out, Sharipov In Against Vargas". sherdog.com. April 25, 2011.
- "CSAC overturns Tachi Palace 9's DeJesus vs. Miura to no-decision". mmajunkie.com. June 21, 2011.