Tag Team Match: MUSCLE
|Tag Team Match: M.U.S.C.L.E.|
Cover art of M.U.S.C.L.E.
Multiplayer (up to two players)
It has eight playable characters, each with his own special move. The game was followed by a 1987 Japan-only sequel for the Famicom Disk System titled, Kinnikuman: Kinniku-sei Ōi Sōdatsusen (キン肉マン キン肉星王位争奪戦? Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne).
Singles mode (one on one bout) Two-on-Two tag team wrestling match. One Player or Two Player Versus. The A button jumps, and B punches or activates a special move after collecting an energy ball that is randomly thrown by the boy called "Meat". Moves that can be done, punch, jump, drop kick, shove, shove into ropes, flying body attack (jump into ropes and rebound), lariat aka clothes line, shove enemy into ropes and then hit A, back drop aka suplex (press B close behind your enemy).
- Kinnikuman (North American version – Muscleman)
- Finisher: Kinniku Driver, carries opponent and jumps off screen straight up and comes down. One of the if not the most damage inducing moves in the game.
- Finisher: Bull Dog Headlock, basically a speedy version of the lariat move in the game without having to rebound off the ropes and can be done repeatedly.
- Finisher: Leg Lariat, basically a faster longer version of the regular drop kick move.
- Robin Mask
- Finisher: Tower Bridge, Argentine back breaker (Lex Luger's torture rack) from pro-wrestling
- Buffaloman (North American version – Terri-bull)
- Finisher: Hurricane Mixer, for a short distance he can burst charge you with his horned head.
- Finisher: Bear Claw, covers longer distance than the hurricane mixer
- Finisher: Ashura Buster
- Brocken Jr. (Japanese version only)
- Finisher: Nazi Gas Attack
- Geronimo (North American version only)
- Finisher: Apache War Cry
Note that Brocken Jr. and Geronimo are the same in this game, just slightly different graphics.
- Normal Ring
- Ice-Top Ring
- Electric Rope Ring
Seanbaby reviewed Tag Team Match: M.U.S.C.L.E as one of the 20 worst games for the NES. Seanbaby gave the graphics a rating of zero and stated that the graphics are indescribable. "You can get all the excitement of this game without even inserting the cartridge," Seanbaby explains. "Listen: Every now and then, a magic ball will fly out of the crowd and into the ring. If you grab it, your little guy starts to flash different colors. Then the M.U.S.C.L.E. sound engineers show off what they learned in college by simulating a crowd noise with nasty static."