New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum
|Established||26 November 2000|
|Location||Yingge, New Taipei, Taiwan|
|Type||Fine Arts Museum|
The construction of the museum began in 1988 and was opened on November 26, 2000. The museum houses exhibits as well as a ceramics studio. The museum was formerly known as the Taipei County Yingko Ceramics Museum (Chinese: 台北縣立鶯歌陶瓷博物館). However, as Taipei County was awarded special municipality status and renamed New Taipei City on December 25, 2010, the museum was subsequently renamed to New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum.
The permanent exhibits present five major themes:
- Traditional Pottery Techniques Hall
- Once they Were: Development of Taiwan Ceramics
- Pottery Town: History of Yingge
- Shuttle Through Time: Prehistoric/Aboriginal/Contemporary Ceramics
- Future Prediction: Industrial and High-tech Ceramics
- "Long layovers in Taiwan can be rewarding: Tourism Bureau". focustaiwan.tw.
- Exhibition, New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum.|
|This article related to a museum in Taiwan (the Republic of China) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This ceramic art and design-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|