Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch
|Location||Beitou, Taipei, Taiwan|
Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch (Chinese: 臺北市立圖書館北投分館; pinyin: Táiběi Shìlì Túshūguǎn Běitóu Fēnguǎn) is a public library in Beitou Park, located within Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan. It is Taiwan's first green library.
The library was opened in November 2006.
It is a two-storey building and it is notable as being constructed to be an eco-friendly green building, in which the building was designed to curb water and electricity consumption. It was designed by Bio-Architecture Formosana. The building uses large windows to reduce the consumption of lighting electricity. The roof was designed to be partially covered with photovoltaic cells to generate electricity and also designed to capture rain water to be stored and used to flush toilets.
- Spencer, David (1 December 2017). "Taiwan's Top 10 man-made marvels". Taiwan News. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch (Beitou Library) - Great Taipei Travel(TravelKing)".
- Taipei's green libraries—eco-friendly architecture making headway Archived 2009-05-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- School/Public Library Visits Archived 2008-04-28 at the Wayback Machine, IASL Conference, 2007.
- "http://english.taipei.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1100571&ctNode=30280&mp=100002". External link in
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch.|