Take Me Home (2011 film)
|Take Me Home|
|Directed by||Sam Jaeger|
|Written by||Sam Jaeger|
|Distributed by||Monterey Media|
Take Me Home is a 2011 American romantic comedy film directed by and starring Sam Jaeger. The film also stars his wife Amber Jaeger, Lin Shaye, and Victor Garber. It premiered on April 19, 2011 at the Nashville Film Festival. Take Me Home was released to DVD on May 29, 2012.
After getting turned down for a job, Thom finds his landlord putting all of his belongings into the hallway. With no job prospects and no place to sleep, he turns to driving his illegal taxicab around the streets of New York. Fortunately for him, Claire Barrow isn't having a good day either and needs a taxi. Her husband is flirting with his secretary and her estranged father has suffered a heart attack in California. In a frenzy, she hails what she assumes to be a legit cab, which is driven by Thom. With her life in ruins, Claire decides to pay Thom to drive her out to California and he reluctantly agrees. The path across America takes more than the usual detours and that forces them to choose between the lives they've left behind, and the possibilities glimpsed along their journey.
- Sam Jaeger as Thom Colvin
- Amber Jaeger as Claire Barrow
- Victor Garber as Arnold - Thom's father
- Cristine Rose as Lynette - Thom's mother
- Lin Shaye as Jill - Claire's mother
- Bree Turner as Eve - Claire's sister
- Brennan Elliott as Eric - Claire's husband
Jaeger began writing the script for Take Me Home in 2004, with the first draft taking him three months to complete and the second draft two years. Filming took place in thirteen states, with Ohio initially set as the backdrop for the story.
|Year||Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Outcome|
|2011||Napa Valley Film Festival Jury Awards||Mt Veeder Peak Performance||Amber Jaeger||Won|
|Nashville Film Festival Awards||Naxos Award for Best Film Music||Bootstraps||Won|
|Boston Film Festival Awards||Audience Favorite Award||Take Me Home||Won|
|Rhode Island International Film Festival Awards||Audience Choice Award, First Prize||Take Me Home||Won|
|Prescott Film Festival Audience Choice Award||Best Narrative Feature||Take Me Home||Won|
|Reel Dakota Film Festival Audience Award||Best Feature||Take Me Home||Won|
|Las Vegas Film Festival||Golden Ace Award||Take Me Home||Won|
- "Review: Take Me Home". Rovi (NYT). Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Alumni Filmmakers Reunite". Napa Valley Film Fest. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Bill DeYoung (October 29, 2011). "A wild ride". Connect Savannah. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Monterey Media Acquires Romantic Comedy 'Take Me Home' (Exclusive)". Reuters. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Jaeger". Toledo Blade. Jan 26, 2007. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- L. PIERCE CARSON (November 16, 2011). "Choice films contribute to success of first Napa Valley Film Festival". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- ""Weekend" & "If a Tree Falls" Win Big in Nashville". IndieWire. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Rhode Island Film Festival Concludes, Hands Out Awards". Indie Wire. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Reel Dakota Announces Festival Winners". Reel Dakota. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Actor/Director Sam Jaeger & NaFF Award Winner Jordan Beckett Visit ASCAP Nashville". Music News Nashville. Retrieved 2 April 2013.