|This is the talk page of an article that redirects to the page:
• Telephone numbers in the United Kingdom
Because this page is not frequently watched, present and future discussions and edit requests should take place at:
• Talk:Telephone numbers in the United Kingdom
|WikiProject United Kingdom||(Rated Redirect-class)|
This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a search with the contents of +44 (disambiguation), and it appears to be very similar to another Wikipedia page: +44. It is possible that you have accidentally duplicated contents, or made an error while creating the page— you might want to look at the pages and see if that is the case. If you are intentionally trying to rename an article, please see Help:Moving a page for instructions on how to do this without copying and pasting. If you are trying to move or copy content from one article to a different one, please see Wikipedia:Copying within Wikipedia and be sure you have acknowledged the duplication of material in an edit summary to preserve attribution history.
This message was placed automatically, and it is possible that the bot found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article and it would be appreciated if you could drop a note on the maintainer's talk page. CorenSearchBot (talk) 15:31, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- +44 was originally a disambiguation page and then, late in 2009, someone copied the contents of +44 (band) and pasted into +44 and made +44 (band) into a redirect to +44. Later, in January 2010, someone else reverted the changes to +44 to make it again into a disambiguation page. However, this created a fork of the article originally found at +44 (band) and edits continued on both branches of the fork. These changes were reverted by a Wikipedia administrator such that +44 again became a disambiguation page and +44 (band) reverted to the contents about the punk band of that name, as of November, 2009.
- By now making +44 into a redirect to Telephone_numbers_in_the_United_Kingdom this not only removes the disambiguation link to +44 (band) but it also, potentially, could precipitate an edit war with the followers of the band +44 (band). The existence of +44 (disambiguation) appears to be an unnecessary duplication. Enquire (talk) 20:38, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
- I've requested that +44 (disambiguation) be speedy deleted because it's a copyright violation, and because it's not needed: disambiguation pages with "(disambiguation)" in the article title is only used if there is a clear notability of the subject at the unambiguated article title, and other meanings are listed at the "(disambiguation)" page. This is not the case here, +44 is used as the disambiguation page, without "(disambiguation)" in the title, because while the band is clearly much less encylopedically notable than the international dialling code, the dialing code article isn't actually "+44". A separate +44 (disambiguation) should only be created if there is a clearly encylopedically notable subject fully covered at +44. -- Jeandré (talk), 2010-02-07t08:52z