Talk:Agnes von Mansfeld-Eisleben/GA1
In all a very good article, but one with a number of problems. None of these should take you too long to fix and I look forward to promoting this in the near future. Regards--Jackyd101 (talk) 16:38, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- "(* 1551; † 1637)" - these symbols mean little in British terminology (I know they have significance in German). Can you edit them so that their meaning is clearer?
- "14.8.1579" - this is not the normal way that dates are formatted on the English Wikipedia, can they be reformatted?
- Can you move the image of her up to the head of the article?
- The lead would be improved by expanding it to cover the activities of Agnes during the war and once they had settled in Strasbourg.
- "to the evangelical faith" - excuse my ignorance, but I am not certain which faith this is, can you clarify with a link?
- The lead should summarise the article, and should not contain any information not in the main body. Could you therefore mention her parents in the first paragraph as well and also link Gebhard the first time he appears in the main body of the text?
- Can you provide a little more information on exactly who Gebhard was? Was he the ruler of Cologne or just a religious figure?
- Provide links to explain who the Habsburgs, the Holy Roman Empire, Calvinism, Lutherans and any other terms that may need expanding for an unfamiliar reader were, the first time they are mentioned.
- "imperial" in this context should always have a capital I.
- "his intention to convert the electorate into an inheritable property" - I'm not sure what this means, can you expand on it?
- "raising and army," - should that be "raising an army"?
- "By the fall, however" - fall of what? - This is still unclear. Do you mean the fall of Gebhard's government?--Jackyd101 (talk) 21:12, 1 April 2010 (UTC)