Overall, this article is good, though I have found some issues:
- Refs #3 and 26 (the two from Japan Today) are dead links.
- Replaced the links.
- "Asashōryū became the first wrestler to win five tournaments in a year since Chiyonofuji achieved the feat in 1986, and won his ninth Emperor's Cup." Citation needed
- Citation added.
- "Asashōryū now stands alone with seven, cementing his place as one of the best ever." Citation needed
- To be honest I was never really happy with this sentence and I don't really think it's necessary - that achievement speaks for itself. So I've deleted it and rewritten the paragraph slightly.
- "In January 2007, Asashōryū posted a 14-1 record, capturing his 20th career title, and fourth straight since returning from injury." Citation needed
- Done. I've also emphasized that he was only the fifth man to reach 20 titles.
- "...marking only the fourth time in modern sumo that two Yokozuna with identical records fought for the title on the last day of two consecutive tournaments." Citation needed
- I found a cite that said it was the only fifth time in the last 30 years that two yokozuna have fought for the title on the last day (which I think might also include cases where one yokozuna was a win behind the other) so I've altered the statement to reflect this.
Pieces and parts of the article feel slightly POV with the language use as well. (i.e. many uses of impressive, disappointing, which shouldn't be overused) At the same time, given his accolades the use of the language is probably acceptable in this case. Citations are rather slim for the career section, though this is general is not a problem so long as the proper things are cited. (though adding in a few more if you find any questionable to an outsider doesn't hurt) I'll put this on hold and give you a few days to fix it. Wizardman 03:48, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've removed some of the impressives and disappointings, although I think it is fair to describe a 10-5 score as disappointing as yokozuna are basically expected to win at least 12 every tournament or else they will probably be criticised by the Yokozuna Deliberation Council for a below par performance. I've also added more references to the career section, mainly tournament reports of the final day. Let me know if you need me to do anything else.--Pawnkingthree (talk) 19:08, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- The article now looks much better, and as a result I'll pass it. Wizardman 21:24, 5 June 2009 (UTC)