|WikiProject Somerset||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
This article acquired a merge tag last month; I've deleted it, as there was no discussion set up, nor any rationale given, and the tagging is all to pot.
If the comment provided (as a red link) “The vast majority of this content is covered in the Baedeker Blitz article, and what little is different can easily be merged” is the justification for this merge proposal, then it fails the WP:MERGE criterion; if there is currently a “large degree of overlap” it is nothing that cannot be remedied; and it is also the case that:_
- The separate topics could be expanded into longer standalone (but cross-linked) articles
- The topics are discrete subjects warranting their own articles, even though they might be short.
The Baedeker Blitz article is a general article, and describes, in summary, about half a dozen different events, as well as giving some background; this article should describe, in detail, one of those events in the context of a particular place. And if it true (as the article currently claims) the Bath Blitz was triggered by the bombing of Lubeck, then the Bath air raids, which actually caused a similar amount of damage and a comparable number of casualties, are just as notable as that event, which has a comprehensive article all to itself.
I've trimmed this article of some of the extraneous stuff; if anyone feels a merge is still a good idea, I suggest they read WP:MERGE and set up a proper proposal. Xyl 54 (talk) 17:12, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Bath Blitz. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.royalcrescentbath.com/HistoryRoyalCrescent%202.htm
- Added archive https://archive.is/20080131165322/http://www.royalcrescentbath.com/HistoryRoyalCrescent%202.htm to http://www.royalcrescentbath.com/HistoryRoyalCrescent%202.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.