|WikiProject Websites / Computing||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|This article was nominated for deletion on August 23, 2008. The result of the discussion was keep.|
added the db-spam link. This is a PR piece written by a volunteer for the organisation. It does not meet notability guidelines. It also has been previously deleted. The single "reliable source" added is 1 blog entry ( blog index: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/blog ) by a travel writer blogging a 4 month trip, who appears to be a member of the site. -- well the page owner simply removed the tag instead of responding to it using the hold mechanism. I"m not going to get into an edit war with someone, and will leave it to the wikipedia admins to address the process breach. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:55, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
==How it works== Membership of BeWelcome is free and can be obtained by registering on the main page. It is also possible to take a tour before signing up. Although offering free accommodation is an important aspect of the website, BeWelcome also offers other means of getting in touch with travellers and nomadic members. Most often this is done by exchanging information, offering to cook for travellers, or going out to a meeting or for a cup of coffee. Finding accommodation (or simply other members) can be done through the search engine using specific parameters like age, location, interests etc. All requests for accommodation are send through the internal messaging system. Accommodation is offered for free, with an exception possible for certain items (like use of telephone, a participation in the food costs, etc.)
- This should be cited (preferably with third party sources) before restoring. - Francis Tyers · 15:44, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
I removed the reference to www.bewelcome.info, this "critic" was written by the founder of hospitality club and itlook very partisan (no evidences are given and there is no mention of bewelcome on hospitalityclub website). May be it will be better to add the reference to www.bewelcome.info in the history of Hospitality Club to say that the members of Hospitality club disagree with the founder ? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:54, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Why is this website mentioned on Wikipedia? It is (virtually) not used anymore and there is (virtually) no programming going on.
Their member numbers (which are ways below other site like CouchSurfing) are not saying anything: Go to their website and search for someone - 90% of the profiles are empty and if you have a look at who is online you'll hardly find more than 2 person being online at the same time.18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:40, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
It is worth mentioning (=notable), as it is a valid organisation, active and growing: more and more people are signing up: at least 1500 new ones in AUG/SEP 2011, pacem http://www.bewelcome.org/statistics. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:58, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Check http://www.bewelcome.org/statistics to see that it is growing significantly, in the last 12 months especially.
I removed the deletion template from the article and deleted the "deletion discussion." Basically, due to the way that deletion discussions work, they cannot be initiated directly by a user who has not registered an account (i.e., by "IP users"). I can nominate the article for deletion on your (the IP's) behalf, but you'll need to provide a specific, policy based reason. Why, for instance, do you believe that this subject is non-notable? Please review both the general notability guidelines and the website notability guidelines and explain why it doesn't meet them.
Also, while I was reviewing the rest of the article, I ended up removing large chunks of it as being pure advertisement and wholly inappropriate to an encyclopedia article. We don't provide how-to guides for using a product, nor do we list all of the details ("Features") of a product; rather, we stick to what independent sources have said about it. Qwyrxian (talk) 22:24, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- Qwyrxian, thanks a lot for the clean up. Since nobody has explained why this article should be deleted and there are no changes since the last deletion discussion, I will remove the deletion template. This seems more due to the rivalry between CouchSurfing and BeWelcome.--Micru (talk) 21:53, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
- Well, that template isn't actually a deletion template--it's a template indicating that there is a concern over whether or not this website is notable enough for a Wikipedia article. I actually share this concern, and so have re-added the template. Specifically, I don't see hardly any independent reliable sources included in the article that discuss BeWelcome. These are necessary in order to establish the notability of the website. Do you know of RS that could be added to bolster the claims of notability? Qwyrxian (talk) 22:13, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
- Here's an incomplete list of possible sources: http://www.bewelcome.org/wiki/Media_Coverage Guaka (talk) 01:30, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on BeWelcome. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121022092400/http://gitorious.org/bewelcome to http://gitorious.org/bewelcome/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.