|Available in||41 languages|
Social networking service
|Alexa rank||434,626 (10 February 2018)|
|Users||110,000, of which 11% have logged in within the last 12 months|
BeWelcome operates a hospitality service and social networking service. Its website is a platform for members to arrange homestays, offer hospitality, meet other members, and join events. The platform is a gift economy; hosts are not allowed to charge for lodging.
BeWelcome is operated by BeVolunteer, a nonprofit organization organized as a voluntary association registered in Rennes, France, which is composed solely of volunteers. The software behind the website, the BW-rox platform, is free and open-source software.
- "Alexa Internet: BeWelcome.org". Alexa Internet.
- "BeWelcome: Statistics". BeWelcome.
- Baker, Vicky (18 April 2008). "Going local in Caracas, Venezuela". The Guardian.
- "About BeWelcome". BeWelcome.
- Baker, Vicky (26 August 2011). "Budget Travel: Not-for-profit Couchsurfing becomes a company (with a conscience)". The Guardian.
- Kugel, Seth (7 January 2014). "Tips for Travel Savings in 2014". The New York Times.
- Brown, Kristen V. (26 November 2014). "A rough ride to profit for CouchSurfing". San Francisco Chronicle.