|WikiProject Podcasting||(Rated Start-class)|
compare = compared (section "Broadcatching of copyrighted television broadcasts") Also some comma errors.
Although it probably wasn't intentional, all those links to Broadcatching software just makes this feel like link SPAM. Should probably remove them. --Charles Iliya Krempeaux 01:13, 1 February 2006 (UTC)
I am done. Any feedback? -- Mayuresh 00:23, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- I think it needs a one or two sentence quick summary of what broadcasting is at the start of the article. It jumps immediately into history. See Podcasting for an example of a good and concise introduction. Other than that its a decent rewrite. --Ben Houston 01:47, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- >> Done. Its not the best, but it should hold until something better comes along. --mskadu 00:09, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Can anyone recommend a bittorrent client that can do broadcatching that will work on the Intel Mac platform? As I understand, azureus is not currently supported through rosetta. --DDG 22:46, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
Blurb about the MPAA teaming up with uTorrent, Bittorrent
I added the following paragraph to the article:
I added that because that section suggests that even though it may be illegal, that there seems to be no prosecutions taking place. The way that text is written seems to make it sound like it would be a good idea to download copyrighted works using software that is strongly linked to the MPAA!!!
That seems a lot like baiting people to me!!! I thought it would only be fair to warn unknowing people about that.
Dude, no, those are unfounded accusations. There has not been to date any instances of uTorrent communicating sensitive information to web servers. Those are baseless accusations. Your part about teaming up with the MPAA to catch file sharers is not cited. Besides, that does not belong in the Broadcatch article. I am removing it from the article, and I'll remove it from any other articles you've put it on. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:16, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
No notes on standards or formats?
Shouldn't there be links to standards and formats? "rss + bittorrent" hardly defines what the format is. There must be one as so many programs are picking them up, but it's not mRSS. --eduo (talk) 23:00, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
"Bittorrent + RSS" "most used" application of broadcatching?
Sounds like whoever wrote this hasn't heard of podcasting. Unless someone can segregate podcasting from broadcatching, there needs to be a citation showing that more torrents are being broadcaught(?) than audio and video "podcasts" via direct download, which is hardly likely. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:21, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
What has happened in the six years since that quote? I have heard news about HBO going after those sharing Game of Thrones episodes, but that's very recent. Either way this needs updating. --Shawn K. Quinn (talk) 06:18, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Broadcatching. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://broadcatch.com/definition.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040806190621/http://www.corante.com:80/importance/archives/002279.html to http://www.corante.com/importance/archives/002279.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040714081624/http://www.corante.com:80/importance/archives/002378.html to http://www.corante.com/importance/archives/002378.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.