Why are the links on this page listed alphabetically? That seems like an unhelpful way to organize a disambiguation page, and it seems to be contrary to the guidelines on dab pages which tell us to list entries in order of the likelihood that someone will be looking for them. As far as I can tell, and based on the survey of links in WP to CT, it seems that Computed tomography is what the overwhelming number of people are looking for when they type "CT". And yet it's buried down the list in such a way that I didn't even see it there when I came to this page.
I suggest one of two things:
- Redirect this page to Computed tomography, and move the contents of this page to CT (disambiguation), which seems like the best bet.
- Reorder this page so that Computed tomography is up top, and so that the page is organized by relevance instead of being alphabetical.
If no one has a problem with #1 above, I'll take care of it. If that's a problem, let me know, and we can proceed with option #2. Since this talk page is blank, I'm assuming this hasn't been discussed before. If it has been somewhere else, please point me in the right direction. --Transity (talk • contribs) 01:10, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Although the overwhelming majority of articles linking here refer to Computed tomography, the fact that Central Time zone exists (as well as Connecticut, and Canterbury), was enough to push me toward #2. In addition to reordering the links, I also removed some that didn't seem to belong. Some examples are the Crazy Taxi links because, while "CT" is indeed the initials of the game/film, I don't see a significant reference to them by the name "CT".
- When it comes to order of importance, obviously your mileage may vary. I did the best I could with such a long list. --Transity (talk • contribs) 23:25, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- I see that the order was changed, and Computed tomography was moved down the list. I don't think that's a good move since the overwhelming majority of links to CT are meant to point to Computed tomography. I also don't agree that Computer Telephony even belongs on this list, especially as it redirects to Computer telephony integration which, as its own page states, is known as CTI and not CT.
- As such, I would like to reorder the list to keep Computed tomography at the top, followed by the rest in the top section. I would also like to move Computer Telephony down to the "Other uses" section. If there's a reason I am missing for your changes, please let me know here. Otherwise I will make these changes. --Transity (talk • contribs) 15:20, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Do whatever you want to organise this page better but do not delete it, please! I'm from Greece and it has helped me twice to define what CT means in my work as a translator. Thank you guys!
- The page isn't going to be deleted. I can only assume that was vandalism, and I have reverted it, and removed the proposed deletion tag. -- Transity(talk • contribs) 14:47, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
Is it an option to have Computed tomography at the top, and then sort the rest of the elements alphabetically within their categories (Similar to CD_(disambiguation))? I find it difficult to sort the rest of the list by relevance; alphabetically would be simpler. Are there any other meanings that would be logical to have as exceptions to the alphabetical sorting? Mhagir (talk) 12:23, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
Only add items if CT used in article
Half of the items are not valid as "CT" is not defined in the linked articles per WP:DABACRO. I left some likely ones in commented out in case they should be defined in the articles. Please don't add any unless they meet that. Widefox; talk 12:55, 27 March 2015 (UTC)