|Chemotherapy has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Science. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 3 months may be archived by.|
Strange, PROMO content
User:Hope1953 about this and this. As i noted, the content a) makes no sense (cancer is not like bacteria); b) is sourced to a primary source c) that is written by company scientists about their products. Please reply. Jytdog (talk) 20:30, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- User:Jytdog a) I do write about resistance within an already existing 'resistance' paragraph. Just to precise, drug resistance in cancer is similar to the one in bacteria: Mutations provide advantages and resistance mechanisms share common characteristics. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488437/
b)c) I do understand that company might not be wanted, however i do not understand why patients cannot be informed about solutions that are existing. I agree to discuss about changing words, but keeping deleting is not fair. Could you please re-consider your editing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Hope1953 (talk • contribs) 07:43, 3 October 2016 (UTC)
- You wrote that it is "growing" problem. It isn't; it has always been a problem. antimicrobial resistance is a growing problem as bacteria that carry the mutations that cause resistance become more widespread. Nothing like cancer. Nothing. With regard to sourcing, please see WP:MEDRS. You are using a primary source, not a literature review published in a good journal or a statement by a major medical/scientific body. Neither the content nor the source you are trying to add to WP is OK. that is not my deal, those are the community standards. Jytdog (talk) 07:48, 3 October 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chemotherapy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131203001320/http://www.njmonline.nl/getpdf.php?id=10000794 to http://www.njmonline.nl/getpdf.php?id=10000794
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Perhaps a simpler lede?
How about something along the lines of .... "Chemotherapy is a method of killing cancerous cells by poison. It is a use of the concept that some poisons are absorbed more by cancerous cells than by normal cells.". — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 07:48, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
Other side-effects - tinnitus.
My tinnitus increased markedly after taking fluoroacil. Now obviosuly one POV doth not a common side-effect make, but every audiologist I have been to since tells me that that is a very common side effect of many forms of chemotherapy. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:56, 13 December 2016 (UTC)