Talk:Child labour in Swaziland
|WikiProject Africa / Swaziland||(Rated Stub-class, High-importance)|
|This article is or was the subject of a Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment. Further details are available on the course page. Assigned student editor(s): Athomas1995.|
Hi! I'm a student at Rice University and will be editing a Wikipedia article as a class assignment this semester. I'm considering working on this one, as it is an important topic but is a very short article with just one source. Athomas1995 (talk) 02:48, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
Hi again! This is the article I have chosen to work on for this semester. A full description of the changes I plan to make can be found here:https://docs.google.com/a/rice.edu/document/d/1o0xNJekxUV5zbL1Obxt6jZTG5ROot4o7BaayCySCZjU/edit?usp=sharing Athomas1995 (talk) 02:37, 12 February 2016 (UTC)
Hey Athomas1995! You are doing a great job of reworking this article. Adding all of the different sections is really helping to make this article much more comprehensive by touching on many different aspects of child labor in Swaziland. Now that you've laid a good foundation by creating the sections, you can easily expand on the different topics. You added a lot of great sources. I think the primary ways you could continue to improve your page would be by adding illustrations, maybe switching up the ordering of a few of your sections, and making sure everything is cited. Great article! Courtwang (talk) 03:10, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Athomas1995, and thank you for all the work you've done on this article! I don't want to meddle too much, but there is a link in the Efforts to reduce child labour section that may be a WP:EASTEREGG. Might be good to fix that if you don't already intend to. I apologize if I'm being redundant in my suggestion – I cannot access the document you provided, and I'm not sure if everyone else on Wikipedia can. It's possible that other editors' changes may affect your plans for this article (although this article admittedly does not have a lot of traffic). (I'm also not certain if you are planning to write a lede for this article.) If it isn't too much trouble, could you to post your proposed edits in your sandbox as well?
- Anyway, have a nice day, and happy editing! Me, Myself & I (☮) (talk) 06:34, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Me, Myself, and I are Here! Thanks so much for your feedback. Could you let me know which link may be a WP:EASTEREGG? It may be part of the text that I have not yet edited. Thank you for drawing my attention to the link not working - I have now posted my proposed edits into my sandbox as requested. Athomas1995 (talk) 04:00, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you very much, Athomas1995. The sentence in question is "The different elements of the process are described in this article." Here, it is not at all obvious what "this article" refers to until hovering over or clicking it, and as the guideline page mentions, readers that print out this article would be unable to make heads or tails of it.
- I'll leave you to your work, though if you need it, I am always happy to help. Regards, Me, Myself & I (☮) (talk) 04:47, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
Hi Athomas1995, great work on the article so far! A small question: do you have the original link for this file? file:///Users/annathomas/Downloads/2006_SZ_sexual_exploitation_en%20(1).pdf I can't access it (it is what I assume to be a link to a downloaded file on your browser), and googling the end bit turns up nothing but the article. Me, Myself & I (☮) (talk) 01:17, 29 March 2016 (UTC)