|WikiProject Stagecraft||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Hey, I began this page but didn't really have much on the history of color scrollers. Well, actually I have some info, but no references for it. If anyone has information with good references, please add it.
Benjo 08:57, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
I guess there isn't help to be had here. Perhaps you could list your quetion on the project page? KeepOnTruckin 02:38, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Color Scrollers Obsolete?
So, can anyone provide any reference information/facts/data regarding color scrollers becoming obsolete? It just seems more like an opinion than anything else, but I may just not realize how much influence the new LED fixtures have.
Benjo 09:42, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
- They aren't. I've removed it. Bryson430 11:39, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'd say that the introduction of automated lighting, as well as products such as the Seachanger are causing them to become obsolete, but not very quickly. Color scrollers are here to stay for a while. --Wforlines 18:00, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
I have heard stories from a couple of people who have been round theatre lighting for years about systems used to change colours on old scoop fittings. From what I have heard, the different colours were wrapped around the lamp and somehow moved on cue. Has anyone ever seen one of these systems or know about them? Not really a colour scroller but sort of related. Leaderofearth 11:13, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
Maximum number of frames
I've increased the maximum number of frames to 32+, which I know is a bit vague, but I know that for example the Coloram IT has 32 frames. I don't know if anything else has more frames than that. Presumably there is no theoretical limit. Anyway essentially any advance on 32 :), or a better way to word it.
Just noticed I wasn't logged in at the time, it must have logged me out, anyway the edit was mine.
Peternewman 13:50, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Color scroller. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070206141829/http://www.wybron.com/Entertainment/Coloram/index.html to http://www.wybron.com/Entertainment/Coloram/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080224224231/http://www.wybron.com/support/standard_strings/ to http://www.wybron.com/support/standard_strings/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070928200437/http://www.highend.com/support/discontinued/colormerge.asp to http://www.highend.com/support/discontinued/colormerge.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.