|WikiProject Astronomy / Constellations||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
All the names of the stars are really confusing. you should include the distance of the stars in the constellation from Earth.
According to another wikipedia article, Petrus Plancius created Columba in 1598. (User:Eroica 11:59, wrote in 30 April 2006, apparently – according to a peek into the page history, please use ~~~~ to sign and date the comment, said Rursus declamavi; 21:52, 16 February 2007 (UTC)).
- Petrus Plancius globe, or any replica, may exist somewhere. On that the matter might be resolved. Maybe just wishful thinking... Rursus declamavi; 21:52, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
- One thing is quite clear! Bayers Uranometria 1603 (Linda Hall version) shows that Columba was part of Canis Maior, as alleged in other places in the wikipedia. OK, so Petrus Plancius inserted it as an asterism, but Royer then presumably separated it into a new constellation? Rursus declamavi; 22:10, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Some poor fool vandalism
I didn't care to report this for the pity of it, but this text I removed from Columba:
- My name is Carey, and i own a star in this constellation! My boyfriend bought it for me for valentines day! AWWW!
If true, this poor fool Carey [188.8.131.52] got in present some kind of a certificate that her fool of a boyfriend was busted by those charlatans "selling" star names. Otherwise read IAU:s comment on this kind of frauds. Rursus declamavi; 22:21, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Photograph does not show Columba
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Columba (constellation). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070427204116/http://www.lindahall.org/services/digital/ebooks/bayer/bayer88.shtml to http://www.lindahall.org/services/digital/ebooks/bayer/bayer88.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.