Talk:Comparison of Windows Vista and Windows XP
|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Microsoft Windows / Computing||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 18 July 2008. The result of the discussion was No consensus.|
I am a bit worried about this article. It needs to be carefully referenced avoiding all original research as the OS wars could easily descend upon it. Both XP and Vista have fans who hate the other OS. I am also wondering whether we need an article comparing XP and Vista as we have an article comparing OSes more generally. We don't want lots of articles comparing many combinations of two OSes. --DanielRigal (talk) 15:01, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- I nominated this with a prod the first time it was created precisely because it's original research and opinion; even if it's the opinion of some technical web sites. My concerns still stand. --Blowdart | talk 18:42, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- What do we do now? Is it an AfD case or should we wait and see if it can be improved? I don't want the author to think we are being mean but if the article really has no hope of survival then maybe it is better to kill it now so he doesn't waste a lot of time on it. --DanielRigal (talk) 19:45, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
As a guest to this website, I am appaled that people's free will is being downright obliterated by over-active Admins. --Guest —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:32, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm more appalled that this article is even still here. The writing style suggests a lack of neutrality, and a lot of the facts present no citations and are indeed, grossly inaccurate. On top of that, if there's an article like this for XP vs Vista then how long before we have a list of A vs B articles? A single comparison page of Windows versions is all that's needed. +1 for removal. Carcenomy (talk) 08:19, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:User Account Control.png
The image Image:User Account Control.png is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Article is getting dated?
From the opening paragraph
This page is a comparison of Windows Vista and Windows XP. Windows XP is currently the dominant operating system in the desktop and personal computer markets, with an estimated market share of 62.21% as of May 2009. Windows Vista is Microsoft's successor to Windows XP, and currently holds a market share of 23.90%.
Except [] shows XP only having 52.46% market share with Vista CURRENTLY having only 9.40% and Windows 7 with 30.60%
Another Category Comparison To Consider?
Windows XP has a broader program compatibility date range than Windows Vista, primarily because of the Program Files (x86) file that was introduced in Vista that made classic 16 and 8-bit DOS programs like Doom and Rise of the Triad unplayable on Vista. --Jayemd (talk) 17:55, 28 June 2012 (UTC) Content that violates any copyrights will be deleted. Encyclopedic content must be verifiable. Work submitted to Wikipedia can be edited, used, and redistributed—by anyone—subject to certain terms and conditions. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:41, 21 December 2012 (UTC)