Talk:Computer technology for developing areas
|This article is or was the subject of a Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment. Further details are available on the course page. Assigned student editor(s): Rbrink1.|
To my embarassment, I've just found Information and communication technologies for development. After some skimming of that longer article, I'm going to propose a merge of the two articles. Simesa (talk) 02:00, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
While you are in the process of merging this page with another, I went ahead anyway and added a section about Africa that I think will provide some interesting information. Please let me know. I'm fairly new to Wikipedia. I appreciate any comments. Teach270 (talk) 18:35, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- I second the call for this page to be merged with Information and communication technologies for development - I came here to make that suggestion, and see that it's already here -User:Jcravens42 (talk) 12:25, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
I completely disagree. ICT4D is a field of research with an annual conference (ICTD) and with many dedicated research groups and programs globally. For people interested in the area of Information and Communication Technologies for Development who are searching other terms, I recommend cross linking. — Preceding unsigned comment added by ICT4D researcher (talk • contribs) 15:45, 21 August 2017 (UTC) Apologies - unless you were merging Computer technology for developing areas into the ICT4D page.. in which case, that makes sense! Hard to tell which way around the merge is suggested. — Preceding unsigned comment added by ICT4D researcher (talk • contribs) 15:47, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Computer technology for developing areas. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110627081023/http://www.click-aid.org/ to http://www.click-aid.org/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110722002405/http://www.aabgu.org/media-center/headlines/computers-wiki-africa.html to http://www.aabgu.org/media-center/headlines/computers-wiki-africa.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110728002618/http://www.schoolnetafrica.org/fileadmin/resources/Internet_prices_in_Africa.pdf to http://www.schoolnetafrica.org/fileadmin/resources/Internet_prices_in_Africa.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.