From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


I think it's not necessary to include the non-legal definition of conveyance in this article (transport, etc...) it is, after all, an article about the law and not engineering. Is the term used in that sense in the legal context ever, or is it restricted to the granting of rights in property?

Thomascombs 01:43, 18 April 2008 (UTC)

Is there any support for the idea that, in the near future, land records will be computerized? I think that, without at least some support, this assertion should come out of the article. Currently, in the US at least, most land records are not computerized and I am unaware of any movement to computerize them in the near future, much less make computerization mandatory. If this is the case in other parts of the world, it should be clearly indicated.

Thomascombs 15:17, 16 April 2008 (UTC)

A conveyance is, according to Black's, a transfer not just of title, but of any legal interest. Thus the term may be used in reference to mortgages, liens, etc... The definition given at the beginning of this article is perhaps a bit too narrow because it refers only to a conveyance of title.

Thomascombs 21:58, 12 April 2008 (UTC)

Conveyance was the term used in the movie Demolition Man for vehicles, it is another definition of conveyance, which kind of just means transfering or moving (ie car, contract, person). I believe conveyance needs a disambiguation.

just my 2 cents --x1987x 00:23, 26 September 2005 (UTC)

I agree. In engineering 'conveyance' is the term that is used to mean moving something from one place to another. The term is frequently used in civil engineering and water resources management to also talk about the infrastructure that allows conveyance "conveyance facilities". I think this article should be left as conveyancing, but that a more general convengance disambiguation should be created. I can add engineering content to that article -- as I'm working on water resources management articles and would like to do so, but I don't know how to create the disambiguation.  :) MCalamari 17:37, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
Click on the "conveyance" link above, and it will bring up the conveyancing page with "(Redirected from Conveyance)" underneath the title. Click on that "conveyance" which is a link, and it takes you to the page with a redirect on it. Click on edit, remove the redirect "#REDIRECT" and change it to read :For property transfer, see conveyancing Then write the article in the usual way, and add a similar "see also" to the top of conveyancing for the transport definition. Enjoy! ..dave souza, talk 18:34, 14 June 2006 (UTC)

Representing both parties?[edit]

In British Columbia for my sale of a flat the solicitor (of the beginning) made mandatory that each parties (buyer and seller) had their own legal representant. (talk) 01:50, 6 December 2007 (UTC) I bought a house and the seller used the same firm. This is by far easier and lead to a much faster move. There are firms out there that have branches and this is how the same firm can represent both sides. I used Arc Property Solicitors in Harrogate. —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 11:51, 22 January 2009 (UTC)