Talk:Districts of Prague
|WikiProject Czech Republic||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
I hope no one minds that I've pretty much redone this article. I've left the cleanup tag on top until I get a chance to redo the chart below. I'm planning on doing two charts: one with pre-1960, current administrative and current municipal districts; and another with cadastral districts.
This article brings up a number of questions people may want to provide input on:
- I have used the word "district" for "odbor," "část" and "území." Is there a better translation for any of those?
- Should there be a link for every administrative, municipal and cadastral district?
- Should the numbered districts be written as "Prague 3" or "Praha 3?" What about the outer districts -- "Prague-Satalice" or "Praha-Satalice?"
- If we have articles for individual districts, should the title be "Satalice" or "Prague-Satalice" (or "Praha-Satalice")?
Input is appreciated. Mwalcoff 20:09, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Ad 1. I belive the original translation of "katastrální území" as "cadastral area" was better. Ad 4. - the title should be the most usual name. I'd guess the short form, without Prague-, is the most common.
- While the improvement in the first part is great, I'm not so happy with the shift in the purpose of the list.
- Originaly the list wasn't intended to be a list of cadastral areas, but general list of Prague territorial local names (as used in "common speach"). (which would include Pankrác, for example). Than, whether a name is also a name of cadastral would be indicated by the "Cad. ar?" column. I'd propose returning back to this idea.
- --Wikimol 08:04, 21 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Hmmm... I can see the value of including names of neighborhoods not classified as catastral areas, such as Zahradni Mesto and Jizni Mesto. However, I think including them in the same chart as the cadastral areas would be confusing. Why not have a separate chart for non-cadastral areas of particular note? Mwalcoff 19:07, 26 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I think it would be more confusing the other way. The linked articles are not about cadastral areas, but about "general meaning" of the local name. IMO, from list of cadastral areas, it would be logical to link e.g. Zizkov (cadastral area), but we'll hardly have such articles in near future. Also, IMO, two lists are more than enough :-) --Wikimol 19:31, 26 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Perhaps you don't know exactly what I mean. When I finish it, I'll put it up, and if you don't like it, we can work out something to our mutual satisfaction. Mwalcoff 28 June 2005 15:08 (UTC)
List of cadastral areas
OK, I've gone ahead and replaced the existing chart of cadastral areas with one that I think is more complete, easier to read and full of links (mostly red at the moment). If you have an objection, let's try to work something out. We still have the issue of well-known parts of the city that are not cadastral areas, such as Jizní Město and Zahradní Město. But none of those were in the previous chart, so I didn't let that hold me back from doing my edit. Mwalcoff 6 July 2005 01:04 (UTC)
I think the title should just be "Prague districts;" the "city" is superfluous. Please respond here if you object; otherwise, I'll go ahead and move the page.
My next plan is to start blueing the redlinks by creating articles on all the districts. Mwalcoff 04:21, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
There is a grammar mistake concerning the description of the 7th district ("additionelly" instead of "additionally")
To do list
|To-do list for Districts of Prague:|
put List of cadastral areas into a table, thus make it sortable by columns.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Districts of Prague. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051201070237/http://www.czso.cz:80/eng/edicniplan.nsf/tab/5C0033DA23 to http://www.czso.cz/eng/edicniplan.nsf/tab/5C0033DA23
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050306025607/http://www.praha19.cz:80/cojep19.html to http://www.praha19.cz/cojep19.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.