|WikiProject Gambling / Poker||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 2007-03-03. The result of the discussion was Keep.|
Changes to page
1) Removes links to commercial pages.
2) Adds tags for advertising and for needing independent sources.
3) Giving authors warning that this article seems to represent a strong conflict of interest WP:CONFLICT. Wiki is an encyclopedia, not a site for self-advertising.
- adding a link to the commercial site that is the subject of the article is not advertising. It is appropriate in this case. ♣♦ SmartGuy ♥♠ (talk) 14:38, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- Articles are supposed to link to official sites. It does need secondary sources, bt a dozen editors have edited the page so COI isn't an issue here, especially since the article doesn't say anything advertise-y at this point. 2005 (talk) 21:01, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- You are talking about two different things. First, external links to an official site are specifically called for in the external links guideline, WP:EL. Second, the other link is a citation, not what is called an external link. Citations verify information. In this case, examples of players sponsored by the cardroom. In any case, companies that sell something like Coca-Cola or Amazon do also get external links pointed at them. The external links guideline only prohibits sites that do nothing but sell soemthing, and are not official sites. 2005 (talk) 02:52, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for explaining. I guess I could look for other sources on the subject, but since I'm not interested in wading through pop-ups and potential malware, I'll let someone who knows the subject well do that.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Doyles Room. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070813085337/http://doylesroom.com:80/bio/ to http://www.doylesroom.com/bio/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.