Talk:Economic Community of West African States Monitoring Group
I think it's gret that there's an article on ECOMOG, but some of the statements are quite confusing - they don't seem to have been fully contextualised:
"Nigerian scholar Adekeye Adebajo wrote in 2002 that "there was merit...in the argument that the establishment of ECOMOG did not conform to the constitutional legal requirements of ECOWAS". The Standing Mediation Committee, the body that established ECOMOG at its meeting in Banjul, Gambia on 6–7 August 1990, was 'on shaky legal foundations' "
- Why? It would be helpful if the article stated what it was about about the formation of ECOMOG that was legally questionable.
"Anglophone members of ECOMOG acted because the Francophone ECOWAS members were opposed to mobilising the AAFC under the previous year's protocol."
-What was the previous year's protocol?
"After some prompting from Taylor that the anglophone Nigerians and Ghanaians were opposed to him, Senegalese troops were brought in with some financial support from the United States."
- I really don't understand this statement. It seems counterintutitive that an Anglophone leader would feel that other Anglophone countries opposed him, and would turn to a Francophone country for support. This needs explaining, or, if the respective languages are irrelevant, the references to language should be removed. Either way, it would be helpful if Taylor's reason's for feeling this way were detailed. Melaena (talk) 12:05, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
So, does ECOMOG still exist? I can't find any references to is dissolution; indeed, ECOMOG was a participant in the intervention in Mali in 2013 according to news sites. Why is the article written in past tense? 2601:D:CC80:1FF:4983:B9AB:189B:7EC8 (talk) 02:22, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Economic Community of West African States Monitoring Group. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050706093225/http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm to http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.