Talk:Edinburgh South (UK Parliament constituency)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I reckon the article will be easier to manage in the future if a new article (Ediinburgh South (Scottish constituency)) is created now. The boundaries of the two constituencies seem already to be quite different. Laurel Bush 10:09, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC).
Does the artlicle refer now to changes to the boundaries of both constituencies? Or of just one? I believe the UK boundaries may have changed at the start of the current general election, and the Scottish boundaries may be scheduled to change at the next Scottish election. Mike Pringle still represents the Scottish constituency as it was in 2003. Are Gilmerton, Liberton, Marchmont, Morningside, Fairmilehead and Prestonfield all ward names? Do the constituency boundaries split any wards? Laurel Bush 11:28, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC).
- I've made a relevant comment over at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject UK Parliamentary Constituencies.
- The UK boundaries have changed for the UK election, but they have not changed for Scottish elections. Even when they do, the boundaries will be different from the new UK ones.
- With hindsight I should have given a ward list. I chose just to give area names because there's an article for Morningside but not for either of the wards it lies in. However, that can be quickly rectified. I'll add a ward list right now. --Mibblepedia 13:42, 17 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I have created in fact Edinburgh South (Scottish Parliament constituency), because House of Commons constituencies in Scotland are also called, often Scottish constituencies. And I am thinking perhaps Edinburgh South should be moved to Edinburgh South (House of Commons constituency), to prevent possible confusion with the Scottish Parliament constituency. Laurel Bush 10:07, 18 Apr 2005 (UTC).
I'm just going to do some research on this, but in case I don't find anything/forget to update here there appears to be an inconsistency in the turnout versus votes - sum of the five parties = 43800, turnout = 43801. --Neil (talk) 23:32, 7 December 2010 (UTC) Yep - looks like the Scottish Green candidate got 881, not 880 votes. I'll alter the page. --Neil (talk) 23:35, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Edinburgh South (UK Parliament constituency). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070921124603/http://www.bcomm-scotland.gov.uk/ to http://www.bcomm-scotland.gov.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.