|WikiProject Astronomy / Astronomical objects||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Boötes, not Gemini
Since this star is called Epsilon Boötes, I'm assuming it's in the Boötes constellation, and not in the Gemini constellation as claimed on the right, no? --Mithcoriel 16:54, 12 January 2006 (UTC)
76mm minimum aperture for splitting Izar is excessive. In theory, even 50mm should be enough. People report splitting it with good 60mm refractors http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/genobs/Number/5201089/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/o/fpart/all Florin Andrei (talk) 05:24, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- You're undoubtedly right, but we have to base our content on reliable sources per WP:Citing sources. The source says it can be split with 76mm or greater, which would be true regardless. Regards, RJH (talk) 15:44, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Epsilon Boötis. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110129031951/http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Museum/Space/Research/StarName/c_research_chinengstars_h_l.htm to http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Museum/Space/Research/StarName/c_research_chinengstars_h_l.htm
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6630AbtJZ?url=http%3A%2F%2Foutreach.atnf.csiro.au%2Feducation%2Fsenior%2Fastrophysics%2Fphotometry_colour.html to http://outreach.atnf.csiro.au/education/senior/astrophysics/photometry_colour.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.