Talk:Flow control structure

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Expansion request[edit]

I started the article but I think there is much more to be said on this topic. I don't consider what was used to create this a stub, so this request is for more information to improve the completness and accuracy of this article. Vegaswikian 19:00, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)

A dam?[edit]

How is a flow control structure any different than a dam? Is it because the FCS can direct the flow of water? Why aren't the two synonymous(sp)?--Xlegiofalco 02:14, 29 August 2006 (UTC)

  • There are many type of these. A dam would be one since it controls the flow by impounding water. There are weirs and flood channels and many other devices of this type. I believe these are mostly for devices that actually control or limit the flow of water. The article needs a good expading. If you search google you get 15,600 hits. Some of those relate to programming, but the rest about about water control structures. Vegaswikian 05:14, 29 August 2006 (UTC)