Talk:Full-mold casting

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Metalworking (Rated B-class, Mid-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Metalworking, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Metalworking on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
B-Class article B  This article has been rated as B-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Mid  This article has been rated as Mid-importance on the project's importance scale.

Same article[edit]

This article is exactly almost exactly the same as Lost-foam casting. Either these needs to be merged or more information is required to differentiate them. (talk) 19:53, 10 April 2014 (UTC)

I don't know if these two articles explain it, but the difference is that full mould casting uses a bonded sand, usually with a coating of a refractory investment first, lost foam uses an unbonded sand.
I expect that you can find sources, of varying credibility, to define either term in any way you like. Certainly lost foam is sometimes used as a blanket term for both. Andy Dingley (talk) 20:21, 10 April 2014 (UTC)