|WikiProject Software / Computing||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I strongly oppose deletion of the article because:
- PXE is the de facto network boot environment. Some systems only support PXE booting.
- For computers without PXE ROM, a software solution is required. Hardware won't be cost effective.
- gPXE is the only free software solution, that works with PXE. The Etherboot version doesn't handle PXE properly.
- Free license like GPL
- Source is freely available
- About ~40 visits per day to this page.
I too do not understand the "no sources reason":
- Download instructions
- Pre-built image downloads —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:32, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
I also oppose the deletion of this article by the notability police. An alternative to deletion should have been pursued instead of tagging this article for deletion, especially deletion on Christmas Eve. However, I agree that this article didn't cite sources which are needed for notability. I added two sources to help with the notability . Please add more of your own. Please don't simply post the links here, add them to the article instead. Gigglesworth (talk) 05:06, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on GPXE. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121120055756/http://tech.firdooze.com:80/2010/05/09/bringing-pxe-boot-to-the-21st-century/ to http://tech.firdooze.com/2010/05/09/bringing-pxe-boot-to-the-21st-century/
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.