Talk:Hercules Graphics Card
|WikiProject Computing / Hardware|
||It is requested that an image or photograph of a screenshot from a computer using the Hercules Graphics Card be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Could use screenshots. Bastie 23:24, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- I created the following using DOSBox in Hercules emulation mode: Prince of Persia, Carrier Command, Xenon 2. Bastie 06:15, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- Three more: Basket Master, Simcity, Platoon. Bastie 05:35, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that fair use rules permit us to use non-free screenshots from computer games simply to illustrate a graphic card's capabilities. Are there any Hercules-compatible games which are in the public domain, or have been released as free software, which we can use? —Psychonaut (talk) 12:41, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
I would have to dispute this: "programming for the Hercules card's native graphics mode was somewhat hindered by the fact that there was neither any BIOS support nor standardization from IBM". Coding the hercules graphics was dead simple as the programming section illustrates. I don't think anyone would use the BIOS for coding since it was so slow and the graphics memory was essentially just one big bitmap array. 220.127.116.11 22:55, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
I agree. I bought a Hercules clone (forget the name) for my first PC, and its manual contained a short section with enough information about the registers and memory layout (including an example in assembler) to get started. I suspect the manual of the original card had the same information. The clone maker may well have copied the manual, along with the hardware. ErkkiRuohtula (talk) 16:55, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Hercules Graphics Card. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070202201848/http://www.adm-electronic.de/pdf/MNL115_ita_eng.pdf to http://www.adm-electronic.de/pdf/MNL115_ita_eng.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.