Talk:High-ozone shock treatment

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Revert[edit]

I rewrote this page so that it would not be an advertisement for a dubious mold remediation method; I have reverted all the recent changes for the same reason. I am certainly willing to discuss changes to the page, especially if there is real evidence as to the effectiveness of HOST. However, a few notes:

  • Studies showing how toxic ozone is to bacteria are not useful - everyone agrees high ozone levels are toxic to bacteria, but molds and bacteria are different. E. coli is a bacteria, and so is Staphylococceus aureus and Bacillus subtillus.
  • The Purdue University study you cite concerns the use of ozone to kill insects in grain; there is a connection with fungi and mold, but only because the insects spread fungi and mold infections.
  • Even if one kills off mold colonies, they can leave spores behind and regrow.
  • Killing mold in walls still leaves you with a lot of dead mold in your wall. HOST does nothing about that without removal of the affected material.

Let's discuss things here on the talk page before changing the article any further. --Brianyoumans 20:13, 21 October 2006 (UTC)

  • JayDee, the Foarde article does talk about levels of kill on glass slides, but the more important part of the study looked at kill levels on building materials, and "No microbial kill was demonstrated on any of the building materials even at 9 PPM." Brianyoumans (talk) 21:44, 21 April 2012 (UTC)

Infected with 3mycotoxins. Old farmhouse I've lived in for 16 years has massive black mold[edit]

Can I survive this? My health is going downhill quickly all of a sudden. Anyone have anything I can tell Dartmouth hospital tomorrow morning? Thanks so much Beckylp1065 (talk) 14:57, 10 November 2016 (UTC)